Safe online casinos used to be just a dream. That is basically from the time when there was no regulations. For some reasons, especially those who are not into gambling, still seem to think so. As a matter of fact, the industry is now extremely regulated. Online casinos, game providers, payment providers, such as Zimpler are all under heavy rules. It is probably one of the safest industries these days. However, there might still be some pirates, but to be honest, these are getting harder and harder to find.
About safe online casinos
The question is, how the find the best online casinos (nettikasinot in Finnish) in your own region, like in the UK? Can you play on any site you find online? Are they all available to you? What are the safest options when it comes to casinos, games or game providers? How do you even know, if it is safe or not? Are new casinos always safe? These are the questions we are trying to answer here.
Yet, there is still one thing. Even though regulations are in place, some casinos are not obeying the rules, which is not very fun. So how do you know, which casino is obeying the rules and which is not? One thing we can tell you though. All game providers and payment methods are always following their rules. We have not heard of any of them running out of business because they did not do so.
What are unsafe online casinos?
Let´s get into this matter from other perspective. This well help you to find the safe ones. Unsafe casinos have a few features.
- They do not have a license. This means they are going around, unregulated and nobody is watching what they are doing. Such places you need to avoid. If you want to know, if an online casino has a license, check the sites´ bottom aka footer. There you will see the information.
- They do not have regulated game providers, but most likely their own games. This means that they can control the RTP aka return the player as they want.
- They are not having safe payment methods. These days though, this is difficult as transferring money without a valid method is almost impossible.
- Even though a safe online casino would have all these above, it might be a site that does not handle the withdrawals towards the players as they should.
Safe online casinos and licenses
So, we have been talking about licenses in this article. What exactly are they? There are actually many of those, and not all of them are available to everyone. It is actually a matter of your local laws and regulations. So, read this if you are not sure where you can gamble and then we suggest you to get to know of your local gambling laws.
- Curacao casinos are generally for everyone. Well, at least they think so. Unfortunately all of them are not obeying the local rules and accept players from countries they should not. We do not encourage gambling on these sites if in your country is not allowed.
- MGA casinos are licensed by the MGA. They are considered as the safest option for those who are playing on foreign casinos. Se also the site MGA casino info.
- Local licensing system. There are countries, which only allow their residents to gamble on sites that have a license from this country. If you happen to live in such, then those are your only option. The good news is that these are pretty much always safe.
Safe online casinos and bonuses
Safe online casinos can have casino bonuses( kasinobonukset in Finnish). Of course, this is not something necessary. Some casinos do not have any bonuses. So this is not something that should alarm you. Actually, you can consider yourself as lucky, since you have several options to choose from and pick the one that suits your own needs the best. Sometimes you might like to have a bonus and sometimes not. Most often the bonus is for slots, but sometimes you see those for live casinos.
Most common bonuses you see at safe online casinos are:
- Match bonuses. This means that you will get a percentage up to a certain amount. For example, you might get 100% up to 100 euros. This means that if you deposit 100 euros, you will get another 100 euros.
- Spins. Some casinos give spins. So despite the amount of your deposit, you will all get the same amount of spins.
- Cashback. In the case you have lost your deposit, you will get a certain percentage back. Usually you see them varying from 5% to 25%. This works as some kind of safety net and for this usually comes with very fair terms.
So yes, it is also important to follow the terms. Most common term is wagering requirement. That means you need to gamble a certain amount before you can request a cashout.
Games at safe online casinos
Safe online casinos always have only games from trusted providers. These days are there dozens, if not hundreds of them. These for sure are the markets of the players. Best sites have games from dozens of them and you can basically play any of their games.
However, the markets are not so wide when it comes to live casinos. Over there are just a few providers these days, however, it might not be necessary to have any more of them.
Safe online casinos are generally everywhere. Thanks to modern regulations. There is no reason this is going anywhere, but most likely there will be more of it, which is always good for the players.